So, I took video of my family and my neighbor trying to follow the directions for Nutella Hot Chocolate. Here are some still shots from the videos.
What I learned:
- Everyone understood that the ingredients were shown in the top of the poster.
- They also understood which step to start at.
- I need to clarify the amount of milk used in the recipe. It’s supposed to be one cup, but only one person got that. The rest guessed.
- I need to retake my photo of the microwave showing a minute and a half on the timer or come up with some other way to show that the hot chocolate should be cooked one minute. Most people guessed one minute. As a side note, one minute seemed plenty to heat the milk, so maybe one minute would be easier to demonstrate without using numbers.
- The two spoonfuls of Nutella was very clear.
- The stirring of the cocoa was very clear.
- Most people just topped their mug off with the amount of marshmallows they were comfortable with, and that was just fine.
Here’s the work in progress on my second draft of my poster. As you can see, I overhauled it quite a bit and retook some of the pictures. Any feedback is welcome and appreciated.